According to the Order 333 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine issued 13.03.2002, car owners passing through state borders of Ukraine must have Green Card policy, departure from the territory of Ukraine without it is forbidden.
Green card international policy is an obligatory insurance for those travelling abroad by car. The policy provides insurance of liability in case of inflicting damage to health and life, and property damage in consequence of a car accident in any of the system member states.
How it works?
- Member states mutually recognize insurance contracts concluded within one of them, and guarantee reimbursement of injured party in case of a car accident abroad according to the laws of the state where it occurs.
- Insurance claims are paid on terms of the state where the accident has occurred.
- The amount of the insurance payment depends on vehicle type, policy term of validity, and totals from UAH 23 to 9 473
- The ability to choose such policy conditions, which will cover all the European countries or just Eastern Europe.
Green card system member states:
- Europe: Andorra, Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom,
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, Iran, Morocco, Tunis, Turkey.
- CIS: Belorus, Moldova, Russia
Since 2004 PJSC «Universalna» is #1 in «Green card» insurance segment of Ukraine.